CW: this game contains references to and descriptions of violence, gore, body horror, imprisonment, torture, enclosed spaces, loss of sanity, and loss of agency.
You Awake in Terror…
...your entire body is a bundle of sweat and nerves.
HOW DID YOU GET HERE?
You don’t remember. You can’t remember… anything. Not even your own name.
But you know you must GET OUT.
ESCAPE FROM DEMON CASTLE DRACULA
Escape from Demon Castle Dracula is a solo dungeon-crawling RPG designed for a dark and stormy night. You take on the role of Dracula’s latest mortal victim, kidnapped in the night and left in the dungeon for a future feeding. To escape, you must find your way out of his castle, a shifting labyrinth of haunted chambers and nightmare corridors.
This game uses a deck of cards to build out Dracula's castle as you try to escape.
To play, you’ll need:
- A printout of this book (you can use a digital tablet or computer if you want, but paper is better as it doesn’t give off extra light)
- Five candles to track your Life (you can use fake candles if open flames are an issue)
- One six-sided die
- A deck of playing cards with the Jokers included (one red, one black)
- A coin, figure, or other token to represent your character
- A piece of paper and writing implement
This game is the second entry in a trilogy of games unofficially based on the greatest vampire-themed horror-adventure video game franchise of all time. The first game, Demon Castle Dracula, is available at https://nerdypapergames.itch.io/demon-castle-dracula